Everyone enjoys a good old fashioned fashion hack. Here is a HUGE list of Fashion Hacks that you may or may not have known and can be used on a daily basis. Some hacks are really surprising but they genuinely do work! Trust me, I’ve tried them ALL myself so that I could put my stamp of approval on each one! Check them out below!
38 Fashion Hacks For Your Daily Life
- Baby wipes (or a tide-to-go stick is what I usually use) to remove makeup stains and deodorant marks
- Baby powder can remove oil stains, typically from leather and silk (especially useful for handbags)
- Vaseline can help unstick a zipper as well as buff out scuff marks in shoes
- A blowdryer and a thick sock can help loosen up tight shoes
- Non-acetone nail polish remover helps clean your shoe soles or patent leather shoes
- Zip your jewelry in a ziplock bag to keep from tarnishing
- Deodorant can help stop blisters from painful shoes
- Gently file away dirt on suede shoes with a nail file
- Dull leather shoes? Rub in any moisturizer and they’ll look new again
- Use a pumice stone to de-fuzz a sweater
- Clean your tarnished silver jewelry with soda or ketchup
- Clean your tarnished gold jewelry with beer
- Use your freezer to refresh a smelly pair of jeans (without washing them)
- Hang up your clothes in the bathroom while you shower so the steam can remove wrinkles from your clothing
- Double stick tape to hem a pair of pants
- Stick old magazines in your boots to keep them upright in your closet
- Hand sanitizer can help slide on a too snug pair of shoes
- Salad spinner to dry hand washed clothing (works great for bras too!)
- Spray your tights with hairspray before you wear them to prevent runs
- And of course clear nail polish to fix existing runs
- For shoes that are too tight, fill them with zip lock bags full of water and freeze
- Keep your dark wash jeans dark by adding vinegar to your load of laundry
- Clean patent leather with Windex
- White wine removes red wine stains
- Spit removes blood stains
- 409 can remove stains from clothing, especially lipstick
- In a hurry and don’t have time to iron? Use a flat iron while you’re doing your hair
- Use a foam sponge to remove deodorant and makeup stains
- Remove sweat stains with lemon juice
- Clean suede with stale bread
- Make your own Febreeze with a mixture of vodka and water
- De-pill a cashmere sweater with a fine-tooth comb
- Use a paper clip to hide bra straps
- Remove permanent marker from clothing with hand sanitizer
- Get rid of lipstick stains with hairspray. Spray, let set for 10 minutes, and wash
- Shaving cream to remove foundation stains from your clothing
- Wash your delicate silk at home using lukewarm water and baby shampoo
- Put dry tea bags in your smelly shoes to lift odors
What are the top style mistakes you can't stop making?
Don't have the answer? Well, I do! Stop struggling with your style and take your first step into becoming a fashion maven.
Enter your email below to receive your free checklist!
Let me know if you have any other fashion hacks not listed above, I’d love to hear from you!
5 thoughts on “The Longest List of Fashion Hacks You’ll Ever Find”
I did not know half of these! Thanks Arielle!!!
Oh! My. These are great.
Thanks Arielle very useful!
Great article! Also if you want to shrink the waistband of your jeans Mix 3/4 cup hot water with 1/4 cup fabric softener, pour the mixture in a spray bottle. Cover the entire area you want to shrink with the mixture, and then dry on the highest heat setting. (Similar to boiling the jeans to shrink them)
Nice! thank you for the tip!